12 Benefits of Dates for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers
12 Benefits of Dates for Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers. The benefits of dates for pregnant women and the fetus in the womb turned out to be quite large. Dates. Yes, if we hear the name then we are not alien anymore. Dates are the name of the tree as well as the fruit, where the tree is called the date palm and date palm.
Dates are a type of palm plant (Arecacege) as well as a Phoenix genus, resembling a palm tree but the fruit has a stalk-like a betel nut. Dates have grown and cultivated starting thousands of years ago. In Arabic have found various evidence from some researchers that dates have been cultivated since about 6000 years BC.
In the religion of Islam, even the date palms have been mentioned in the hadiths of the Prophet. This proves that since the time of the Prophet Muhammad SAW or perhaps earlier dates have been cultivated or consumed by people in ancient times.
the benefits of dates for pregnant women In Arabic dates are called Tamr, while in Latin the date is called Phoenix dactylifera. Dates derived from Mecca and Medina are the most famous dates to date. It is said that there are dozens of types of dates. In Arab society, dates are often used as one of the main foods.
While we are usually served as a complementary food that is usually present in the month of Ramadan. Besides as a complementary food, dates are often processed into various foods, such as Dodol, various cakes, to make dates as a variety of drinking, this is certainly to cause a distinctive taste in eating or drink.
Content in Dates
Dates are favored by many people not only because of its sweet taste. But there are other factors that make the dates popular. That is because of the nutrient content contained in dates. Dates contain a lot of useful content for the human body. The following will be mentioned the content or nutritional value contained in dates with a dose of 100 grams:
- Water – 18.27
- Energy – 251 kcal
- Vitamin A – 9 IU
- Protein – 2.81 g
- Vitamin B1 – 0.046 mg
- Carbohydrates – 66.78 g
- Vitamin B2 – 0.059 mg
- Fiber – 7.1 g
- Vitamin B3 – 1,134 mg
- Sugar – 56.38 g
- Vitamin B5 – 0.525 mg
- Total fat – 0.35 g
- Vitamin B6 – 0.147 mg
- Saturated fat – 0.0028 g
- Vitamin B9 – 17 mcg
- MUFA – 0.0032 g
- Vitamin B12 – 0 mcg
- PUFA – 0.017 g
- Vitamin C – 0.4 mg
- Cholesterol – 0 mg
- Vitamin E – 0.04 mg
- Vitamin K – 2.4 mcg
- Calcium – 35 mg
- Iron – 0.91 mg
- Beta carotene – 5 mcg
- Magnesium – 38 mg
- Phosphorus – 55 mg
- Lycopene – 0 mcg
- Potassium – 484 mg
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – 67 mcg
- Sodium – 2 mg
- Zinc – 0.26 mg
Of the many nutrients contained in dates as mentioned above. Then, of course, the benefits of dates useful for the human body even for pregnant women. What are the benefits of dates, here are examples of the efficacy of dates in general:
- Dates contain Zinc, this is the fruit dates consumed can increase or increase fitness in men. (Read also: how to get pregnant fast)
- Potassium is one that is contained in dates. Potassium itself serves to help control the heart rate and blood pressure. Consuming dates can lower the risk of coronary heart disease and stroke.
- The benefits of dates for pregnant women are enriched with iron-fortified benefits for pregnant women and vitamin B complex. It functions in the process of formation of red blood cells so as to prevent anemia.
- Dates can also help us in improving eye health; this is because the dates are enriched with Vitamin A.
- Healthy food for pregnant women who contain this tannin will help the body in the face of infection because tannins in useful dates sebgai anti-infection. In addition to being anti-infective, tannin also serves as anti-inflation.
- Dates can also help smooth the bowel movements or treat constipation.
- Ample energy content in the palm fruit makes this fruit as a complementary food that is quite a favorite in the fasting month, both for Saur food and when breaking.
- Dates are also very useful to ward off toxins. This is because dates have phytochemicals content and are also enriched with antioxidants.
- Benefits of avocado for pregnant women, because of the amount of fiber in it that was very useful in helping the intestinal mucous membrane. It is also found in dates that are able to bind to existing chemicals so that dates can prevent constipation in pregnant women.
The above has been mentioned and explained about the benefits that we can get if we consume dates. Next, we will discuss the benefits of dates for pregnant women. The benefits of dates for pregnant women are specifically:
Potassium – Nutrition of pregnant women, this is one of the contents of dates is certainly very useful because the content is very good for the growth of bones and teeth in prospective infants who are being conceived.
Carbohydrates – Glucose and also the fructose contained in the date palm play an important role to increase the strength of the mother during labor.
Hormone oxytocin – This content adds to the list of benefits of dates for pregnant women, where the pregnant women’s nutrients are useful in facilitating the process of delivery and facilitate breast milk (breast milk).
The benefits just mentioned are the benefits of dates for specific pregnant women. But we need to remember that all the good benefits just mentioned as well as the previously mentioned benefits that all can apply to pregnant women. As well as energy content that can increase energy in the body, antioxidants, antidote, which is also needed by pregnant women.