Shocking Facts about the Four Main Types of Scars
Shocking Facts about the Four Main Types of Scars. Scars might be formed for several factors, consisting of infections, surgical treatment, injuries, or swelling of tissue. A scar is the body’s natural method of recovery and changing lost or harmed skin. Scars might appear anywhere on the body. The structure of a scar might differ – the scar might be flat, lumpy, sunken, colored, agonizing, and/or itchy.
Scars might be treated with a range of various lasers, depending upon the underlying reason for the scar. Lasers might be utilized to smooth a scar, get rid of the unusual color of a scar, or flatten a scar. The majority of laser treatment for scars is carried out in conjunction with other treatments, such as injections of steroids, use of unique dressings, and using plasters. Several treatments might be needed.
How do skin doctors avoid and deal with scars?
The treatments explained on this page use generally to raised scars and keloids at various Skin Clinic in Lahore. You’ll discover details about dealing with other kinds of scars on these pages:
If you have actually a raised scar or keloid, your skin specialist might suggest several of the following treatments.
Pressure treatment: Applying pressure to an injury while it’s recovery can:
- Minimize (or avoid) a scar, particularly while a burn heals
- Avoid a keloid if your skin tends to form this kind of scar
- Avoid a keloid from returning after it’s surgically eliminated
To use pressure, a client uses a pressure dressing, which might be an elastic bandage, equipping, or earring.
Some clients discover the pressure dressing unpleasant and stop using it prematurely. To get outcomes, nevertheless, you might need to use the pressure dressing for as long as one year. You might likewise require to get a brand-new pressure garment every 6 to 8 weeks.
If you have an injury on your face, pressure treatment is not a treatment choice by lots of Skin Clinic in Lahore.
Silicone gel (sheet or lotion): Used because of 1982, silicone can:
- Deal with a raised scar by lowering its size, firmness, inflammation, swelling, itch, or tightness
- Avoid a raised scar, specifically after surgical treatment
- Avoid a scar from establishing after surgical treatment to eliminate the scar
Research studies reveal that the silicone gel sheets appear to work much better than silicone lotion.
The gel sheets are thin and self-adhesive. You utilize them after the injury closes. To get outcomes, you should use a gel sheet every day, typically for months. Having this in the very same area every day can trigger negative effects. The skin can breakdown. Some individuals establish a rash.
4 primary kinds of scars
- Hypertrophic scars: These are red scars that rise above the skin. They do not spread out beyond the area where the injury took place. Possible treatments consist of steroid injections and laser surgical treatment.
- Keloids: These scars jut out from the skin and spread beyond the area where the injury happened. They are triggered by the overproduction of specific cells. Gradually, keloids might impact movement (capability to move). Possible treatments consist of surgical treatment, laser surgical treatment, radiation, or steroid injections. Smaller sized keloids can be eliminated with cryotherapy (freezing treatment utilizing liquid nitrogen). You can likewise avoid keloids by utilizing pressure treatment, silicone gel. Keloids are more typical in darker skin types, particularly individuals of African or Asian descent.
- Contracture scars: These scars usually take place after the skin is burned. They trigger tightening up (contracting) of the skin that can lower the capability to move. This kind of scar can enter into muscles and nerves.
- Acne scars: Any kind of acne can leave scars. There are numerous kinds of acne scars, and they can be shallow or rather deep. Treatment depends upon the kind of scars.